.47 EMR Rating
When we say we are focused on safety, we mean laser-focused. Our EMR rating is consistently lower than the industry standard of 1.0. The QMI vision isn’t to be the biggest—it’s to be the best. We refuse to compromise when it comes to quality, dependability, or safety.
Safety is more than a facet of our work; it guides everything we do in our custom fabrication, process piping, and structural steel projects. QMI’s safety policy is laid out in written procedures and is backed up with ongoing education initiatives that go even further beyond what’s needed to meet state and federal guidelines—all to ensure a safe work environment and prevent accidents from happening.
- Weekly on-site safety inspections are performed by our foreman.
- QMI conducts regular on-site inspections and annual employee safety training. We continually update our policy and practices to adhere to current OSHA and OSHA rules, and have reviews of our safety capabilities performed by a well-respected third-party safety agency. Find out more about Elephant Safety Services.
- Other employee training includes asbestos awareness; confined spaced, aerial, and self-propelled elevated platform lifts; and rough-terrain forklift and HAZCOM.
- We are a certified employer under the Ohio BWC Drug-Free Workplace Program, with mandatory pre-employment drug screenings along with continued random testing.
- QMI is pre-qualified through ISNetworld with an exceptional score.